Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

How to move in.

This week has been hectic! The Family finally moved in to the new place and it has been hard work, time consuming, confusing and fun.

Hard work:
  • Cleaning out two massive fish tanks and not killing any fish in the process
    • 4 fish have been laid to rest
    • Father Merwin did most of the work; we gave him good company
  • Waking up earlier than or at the same time as my parents was impossibly hard to do
    • 2 naps were conquered during the day to compensate
  • Pretending like your doing work when really your suitcase has been packed for hours
    • I travel light, most of my stuff is still on a ship somewhere.
    • My mom's closet is a nightmare; i refuse. i can't.
Time-consuming:
  • I decided to decorate my room by painting a simple mural on the wall
    • not so simple - it took FOREVER
    • I messed up in a few places and was effing frustrated
  • Shopping for extra kitchen cabinets and a bed while we're at it.
    • that furniture shop that opened down the street is useless
    • thank god ikea is open until midnight on the weekends!!!!
    • ikea is a nightmare at 10pm
    • u get great ice-cream for 99 fils to compensate (fils are like the cents of dirhams - ur welcome.)
  • Calling the government of Canada to figure out where the hell ur permanent driver's license is
    • self explanatory - government "customer service" is brutal.
    • they said "You have to come in -in person" to be able to get it mailed out again.
    • suck it Canada.
MEANWHILE - Since we just moved from the 8th floor (802) to the seventh floor (706) and the hallway layout is exactly the same; most times one of the following situations occur from the elevator ride:
  1. Getting off on the 8th floor (wrong) and walking towards ur old apartment - fail
  2. Getting off on the 7th floor (right) and walking towards the wrong unit - fail
  3. Getting off on the 8th floor (wrong) and walking towards the right unit - fail
    • This happened today - I actually turned the doorknob thinking I was on the 7th floor and I heard the building security yelling out as he was walking by "MADAM this is EIGHT ZERO SIX" - oh shit!
    • I'm sorry people of 806 - it was an honest mistake
And
Here are some pics from my work in progress that took away a good chunk of my life
(also, i clearly dont know how to format pictures, sorry)


.

my little birdy! isn't he cute??


the other one! they are actually meant to be looking at each other. 
      the tree in progress - i actually had to use a ladder to finish it
      ALMOST done - and surprisingly creepy looking.

3 comments: