This week has been hectic! The Family finally moved in to the new place and it has been hard work, time consuming, confusing and fun.
- Cleaning out two massive fish tanks and not killing any fish in the process
- 4 fish have been laid to rest
- Father Merwin did most of the work; we gave him good company
- Waking up earlier than or at the same time as my parents was impossibly hard to do
- 2 naps were conquered during the day to compensate
- Pretending like your doing work when really your suitcase has been packed for hours
- I travel light, most of my stuff is still on a ship somewhere.
- My mom's closet is a nightmare; i refuse. i can't.
- I decided to decorate my room by painting a simple mural on the wall
- not so simple - it took FOREVER
- I messed up in a few places and was effing frustrated
- Shopping for extra kitchen cabinets and a bed while we're at it.
- that furniture shop that opened down the street is useless
- thank god ikea is open until midnight on the weekends!!!!
- ikea is a nightmare at 10pm
- u get great ice-cream for 99 fils to compensate (fils are like the cents of dirhams - ur welcome.)
- Calling the government of Canada to figure out where the hell ur permanent driver's license is
- self explanatory - government "customer service" is brutal.
- they said "You have to come in -in person" to be able to get it mailed out again.
- suck it Canada.
MEANWHILE - Since we just moved from the 8th floor (802) to the seventh floor (706) and the hallway layout is exactly the same; most times one of the following situations occur from the elevator ride:
- Getting off on the 8th floor (wrong) and walking towards ur old apartment - fail
- Getting off on the 7th floor (right) and walking towards the wrong unit - fail
- Getting off on the 8th floor (wrong) and walking towards the right unit - fail
- This happened today - I actually turned the doorknob thinking I was on the 7th floor and I heard the building security yelling out as he was walking by "MADAM this is EIGHT ZERO SIX" - oh shit!
- I'm sorry people of 806 - it was an honest mistake
Here are some pics from my work in progress that took away a good chunk of my life
(also, i clearly dont know how to format pictures, sorry)
my little birdy! isn't he cute??
ALMOST done - and surprisingly creepy looking.