Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

How to be cliché


Sometimes, when your not even looking, life gives you an opportunity you can't refuse. Mine came in the form of a music institute called The Music Box led by Yousef Khan.

I will be starting out my teaching career here as a junior teacher amongst three other accomplished pianistas and vocalists. I'm basically a blank slate right now. This summer is going to be dedicated to perfecting my approach to teaching the basics of the piano and sharing my passion with others. I can't wait to get started!!! and I'm pretty sure Yousef's an angel in disguise.

Check out the bio he wrote for me (after I gave him a really lame one lol).






and if you didn't know before, yes.. I play the piano. I've been learning since I was 7 and it has always been a place of solace through all the changes in life. Just like in yoga, I will always be a student to the art. But teaching the art deepens understanding like none other.

This is me playing "Postcards from far away" by Coldplay. A good friend, Warren Garth left this sheet music at my place some time in the summer of 2009 and I am not planning to return it.... Listen and Just love that awkward ending.

 

Now follow me and the music box on twitterrr!! @themusicbox_dxb and @sharonya

No comments:

Post a Comment