Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

How to take a breather.

Finally, a day I can sit down and be completely useless.

I just had a complete GTL day. Now i'm sitting here with my hair in a towel and just realized that it's been two weeks since I last practiced yoga. WHAT?!  To be fair, my piano schedule and my yoga schedule have been completely conflicting and there's nothing I can or want to do about it. #firstworldproblems?

Yesterday, I taught two kids (6 and 12), one with the potential to be the next Justin Biebs(but better) and the little one with the face and attitude of a diva. To have the ability to share my music knowledge, talk to them, and teach them things that they will never forget is so friggn NICE. I might not know where all this is going (life) but it finally feels like its heading in the right direction when I have days like this.

Now back to fitness, etc. I made a training plan for a half marathon in the fall. It's 14 weeks long and this week's total kilometers was 18km (6k, 3 days a week). Call me crazy... but eventually I'll be running up to 34kms a week, with long runs of 16kms once a week

With this Dubai heat in mind.... I need to step up my yoga. I can't wait for my girl @jogini_ to get her yoga studio in JLT up and running!!!

.
That's my June update so far. DXB hasn't been so interesting this month to be honest....

xo


For now, here are some pics from around town. The headless skirt pic is a friend who wishes to remain anon. Hilarious pic though. Lols.





No comments:

Post a Comment