Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

How to be jet lagged




Since last Thursday night it feels like all i've been doing is a whole bunch of nothing and i'm basking in it (for now). I would like to think some of this laziness is because of my jet-lagged body that I haven't even attempted to fix. In all seriousness, there's no better feeling than having NO responsibilities.
- I don't own any valid currency
- I don't carry a purse cause there ain't nothin to carry in it..
- I don't drive or have a valid driver's license
- My only reliable friend is my Mom
- I fall asleep at odd hours
- I don't know how to work the TV- I have nothing to wake up for except food
- I don't cook, do dishes or laundry
This has to be a dream.

What am I here for again? right .. WORK. However, things are slow here cause it's Eid. The city is in holiday-mode and the grind for most people doesn't begin until tomorrow. So i've mostly been indoors and getting driven around by my family to malls and dinners for the past few days. The streets are always lit up and malls/restaurants don't close until midnight or 1am. I wonder if that's how it always is? or is it just holiday hours? Either way, I didn't get to see the crazy amazing fireworks or the laser show the city is renowned for. Disappointing!

So my only opportunity to capture some images were from dinner tonight for my Mom's b'day. Its been 2 yrs since I last celebrated a birthday with her! It was only appropriate to go for Chinese. PF Chang's just opened up at the Mall of the Emirates (the one with the ski hill) which is a 2 minute walk away from home but a 15 minute drive and what we obviously chose to do instead. Altogether it was a great place to go! Ken - my now favourite filipino server - was the bomb! So we dined in the new wing of the mall with versace, cartier, michael kors, etc..no biggie! No shopping today, but I took pics and creeped on some Arabs for the sake of my blog. Y'all can thank me later. 
Pretty decor and great menu 
Happy Birthday MOM!
just the local crowd at MOE (Mall of the Emirates)
Definitely glitzier than parking lots in Canada








CREEPING.

2 comments:

  1. HBD Momma Merwin!

    How to use basking in a sentence: "I woke up this morning, and I remembered I punched JWow, and I'm like, baskin in it. Like seriously"

    Ahhh I love the links and picures, mostly I love that you went to chinese for your mom's bday, and I will go to Udupi palace for mine...REMEMBER?

    But seriously, enjoy the freedom, it's liberating not to have responsibilities or bags or things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..ive always wanted to see an arab wearing those things they wear...it looks so cool...

    ReplyDelete