Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

How to SUSHI!

Today, I realized that I haven't gone out for sushi in over 4 months! Which is pretty much since I moved from Toronto. Where do you find good Japanese in town? Only my dubai-savvy brother would know. So, we went off in the wrong direction toward Jumeirah Beach Road to find SUMO Sushi.
Lesson: Nishanth gives the worst directions ever.

An hour and too much green tea ice-cream later, we couldn't resist a beach side drive. Even though we were so NOT in the mood for more food, I was on a mission to find a little seafood shack by the beach called "bu qtair". The renowned cafe is supposedly super hard to find - So I figured this is a good time to walk around and explore-burn off some cals. All of a sudden we see a ton of kites in the sky by the beach. KITESURFERS?!


We stuck around for a while and then continued our search for this "bu qtair" ... turns out we were nowhere near it. We finally stopped and asked people for directions after we hit a dead end twice. I had no intention of eating cause I was still so full, but since it was so hard to find and there was so much build up and hype around it - we figured it would be best to get some shrimp to take home. After many parking failures, wrong turns and sand, we found the place! Turns out it doesn't open until 6.30pm...
END SCENE.

I went home and slept for five hours. The sushi experience is just not complete without "itis" right after. Anyways, this is January in Dubai! I have to say that post-christmas people are much nicer. Malls are friendlier and people seem to be more relaxed on the roads. However, it's only two weeks into the new year. I'm sure the resolutions will soon wear off.

PS. I REALLY want to take up Kite Surfing. Look out for a "How to Kite Surf" post coming soon!






BU QTAIR!!!!

Love and Peace from the middle east. <3 .. i've been wanting to say that for a while now lol

Until next time. XOXO



4 comments:

  1. The problem isn't that I'm bad at directions, it's that I assume you would know the way to get to jumeirah beach road... considering you drove yourself there just the night before!
    -Nishanth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read enough of your tweets because you don't usually @ me. So while I was going to see your blog i decided to stop by your twitter page... andddd kooka! haha, I'm so glad you at least watch jersey shore, even if you are miles away.

    Also I'm down for kite surfing legit. And I'm not sure how hot it is but how are you wearing a blazer? It's like when kids in LA wear jackets in winter and it's 20 outside...? Also I see why you want to cut your hair, you look different....oh wait it's cause you straighten the shiz outta that medusa mane!

    ps. miss you! and your voice in the blog, all sharony-monotone makes me autolaugh. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, i try to be so expressive while blogging. But clearly my monotone carries out. wth!

    AND ofcourse JERSEYSHORE is a must! i can't even handle it but its so necessary.

    Its blazer weather right now. coldest since i've got here . 20 degrees.. that is the truth. But i wasnt dressed for the beach - i was dressed for sushi.

    Cutting/colour wash due this weekend. I MISSS YOUUU . tell me the truth always woohoo

    ReplyDelete